Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The God who Heals

I am compelled to take the Word of God as literally as possible.  I cling to the hope of healing.  I imagine you do as well.  Therefore WHAT we read in the Word of God can teach us how to pray and what to expect when we pray.

Here is what I gained from this week's readings:

Speak the name of Jesus when you pray for healing for others.  There is no other name more powerful; there is no other name by which a person may be saved.

We do not know how God will answer a prayer for healing: instantly, after a person seems beyond return, or...?  Don't tell God how to answer your prayer.  Ask for what God gives you the courage to pray.

If you have experienced or seen a miracle of God, use this to give you increased courage and hope that God could do it again!

Be encouraged (and add your thoughts on healing from our readings),

Becky

7 comments:

  1. I will be in a public place listening to the call so I will not announce myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful prayer Becky and the reminder to ask, not tell God, but ask.
    I do think other cultures seem to experience healing more, but also that we need to broaden our definition of healing. It can be mental or physical, as you said.
    Have a blessed weekend all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another 7/7.
    I still cannot post via blogger.
    I dont know why, but it still doesnt work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to end my weekend. Thank you for the prayers Becky. I was just reading my Bible reading for today. I had the "Ahha" In the Old Testament we are reminded that nothing is impossible for God. And in the New Testament, the Holy Spirit filled Paul and he looked the sorcerer in the eye and said "you son of the devil, full of every sort of deceit and fraud, and enemy of all that is good!" We can call on the name of the Lord when we are faced with evil. (even if that evil is in our home or our children) My oldest is in a spiritual battle and I just heard from the Lord to stop and pray in his name for the evil to leave her and my home. Thanks for this blog that keeps me encouraged and reading forward. Have a blessed week and may there be healing among all who need healing. Amen.
    7/7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Lorraine.
    I Kings 22:5 "But first let's find out what the Lord says."
    Good way to start any day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine,good words.
    Been doing that too, praying for peace and calm and God's presence in my home.

    ReplyDelete