Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just about at the Half-Way Mark!!!

June 30 makes 180 days of reading through the Bible!  Woo Hoo!  I want to offer a free copy of Sacred Obsession--a beautiful hardback book, that shares the passion we all share for the Word and prayer--to any of you who have accomplished the feat of reading through the Bible daily so far, since January 1, 2011!

Just write to Reggie at media@changeyourlifedaily.com if you have read 180 consecutive days in the Bible and give her your name and "best" USPS mailing address. She will put a copy of Sacred Obsession in the mail to you this week!

Be encouraged to keep reading!  (The second 1/2 of the year will receive a books as well!)

Becky

Call time as usual this week!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed the call, for the last hour I have been praying for someone in surgery and their daughter called me with a up-date one minute before the call. I prayed boldly in the name of Jesus and they had good news. I wrote the prayer out so they now have a testimony of God's sovereignty and might. Alleluia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a little help I got from a study I am doing (Pam Gillaspie Sweeter than Chocolate, Hebrews 11):

    The United Kingdom of Israel--Saul, David, Soloman precedes

    The Divided Kingdom--Judah and Israel.

    Judah encompasses Rehoboam, The Davidic Line, a mix of good and bad kings, and Two Tribes.

    Israel (northern kingdom) encompasses Jeroboam, what Pam calls the DyNasties, pretty much all bad kings, and Ten Tribess.

    So when I am reading about all these kings, I try to at least place them in the right kingdom, North or South.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Greatly appreciate the prayer Becky, going to share it with family etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Thank you for that bit of history lesson, it helps when reading. I see you are back posting with your picture. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I fixed it somehow Robbie.
    Greatful for your good news this morning about your friend.

    Oh, and I just love Pam pegging them as the DyNasties..hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed both of Wednesday calls, too, but found listening to them later very uplifting and inspiring. [After working in the yard all morning, I came inside and cleaned up. Before long, I felt my left hand swelling from several rose thorns imbedded near the knuckles of my last couple of fingers. By 2:30, my knuckles had completely disappeared, so I went over to a neighbor's house for an extra pair of hands. During the times of the calls, we were both using tweezers and needles to get those little things out. My friend suggested that I visit the local pharmacist for some "drawing salve." What an experience that was! The black oily stuff smelled like engine oil, but it really helped! My hand was still a bit swollen on Thursday, but now it is practically back to normal.]

    Robbie, what a great example of the power of prayer . . . and what a wonderful gift for the family of the person undergoing the surgery!

    Laura, I echo Robbie's comments about the history lesson! It is hard to keep all of the kings straight, your those little tidbits help. So many times today I hear people making comments like this: "What is this world coming to when even the government officials can't be trusted?" As we look back through the Old Testament, we can see that this phenomenon is limited to the 20th or 21st centuries. Over and over the Bible shows that king after king "did what was evil in the Lord's sight." Fortunately, we don't have to follow in their footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7/7...another week has gone by. The OT is always a challenge for me with the kings. Thank you Laura for the helps to keep them straight. I noticed this year seemed a little easier since I have gone through it 11 times now. But I still hear God's lessons to me. Here is my thought from the 27th...

    "Then Jehoiada brought out Joash, the king's son, placed the crown on his head, and presented him with a copy of God's laws. They annointed him and proclaimed him the king, and everyone clapped their hands and shouted, 'Long live the king!' " 2 Kings 11:12

    He was given a copy of God's laws! Wow, what would it be like if all the presidents of the united states had to read a the Bible before becoming president? This nation has forgotten what it was built on, Christianity and God. Now, just like in the OT the evil is trying to rid the country of godly people and beliefs. Lord, I believe you are in control even when it gets dark. There is a purpose for everything. Be with us as Christians to speak loudly and boldly in defense of the gospel. In Jesus name, Amen

    May everyone have a safe holiday.
    God's Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning!

    Again, I didn't proofread before sending. I meant to say that corruption in the government is NOT limited to our time; it certainly existed back in Old Testament days, as well.

    Thank you, Lorraine, for your insights and prayer. Amen!!

    Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and a safe and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7/7 again, I thought I posted yesterday but I didnt.........
    Have a safe holiday.

    ReplyDelete