Here is a great exercise for you as we begin to read through the Book of Psalms for the second time this year: choose ONE to FOUR WORDS for each of the 150 Psalms. A phrase, a word, a quote from the chapter or an idea that depicts each Psalm. Either along the way or at the end of the year, we'll share our lists!
For example, Psalm One: A Tree by Water...
Feel free to write them in your Bible--and you might even find that you recall specific psalms because you've given them a title that resonates with you!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this...I know the lists are going to be revealing and encouraging...and I see this being a weekly wordle...if you haven't used the wordle site...this assignment will be so cool with that.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited...keeping on keeping on...I have made it 1/2 and read every day!!!
This is a challenge to find a new phrase in every Psalm. Shield and protector keep popping into my head. But for Psalm 2 my phrase is God in heaven laughs.
ReplyDeleteI am sure as I go through my day without talking to God he laughs at my simple minded efforts to do life alone. He probably shakes his head and thinks, "When will she learn to trust me and ask me?"
Thank you Becky for making this year through the Bible fun and exciting.
7/7
God's Blessings on everyone