Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Burning Heart

In 1947, Henrietta Mears and Bill Bright, Richard Halverson, and Louis Evans Jr., spent a night in prayer.  By morning, they determined to commit their lives to 4 aspects of discipleship:

1. Not less than one hour a day in Bible reading and prayer (Feb 18 is my 28th year!)
2. Sobriety (Jan 29 was my 34th year of complete sobriety from drugs and alcohol!)
3. Fidelity (Jan 28 was my 34th year of faithful marriage!)
4. Lead one person to Christ each year.

The New Testament Bible reading for 2/13 in Matthew 28:18-20 was coined, by Bill Bright, as "the Great Commission."

Please consider the lifestyle of the Fellowship of the Burning Heart this Valentine's Day!

Be encouraged,

Becky

5 comments:

  1. Had an opportunity to talk to a lot of family of a close friend today. He has opted out of dialysis and is in his last days. Did my best to share and discuss Jesus with each person there, and they have a huge family so more opportunities will arise.
    I'm not good at such visitations, but God was there with me.

    Have a blessed day and week.
    7/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith there is nothing more important than sharing the good news of Jesus especially with someone near death. I tried to post yesterday and couldn't and then I accidentally erased my post. God does go before and behind us if we ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just now being able to sit down and write and it is amazing how God is at work. My father had a massive heart attack on Friday night so I flew from Alaska to Wyoming. I was able to see and talk with my dad Saturday night after getting in. I was able to share Jesus with him since he had not walked close to God for most of his life, but I know that God was present during this whole deal. My father passed away on Sunday afternoon and I believe that he went in peace. My prayer was for God to be with me and go before and behind us and I know that the peace that came into my heart was from God's answered prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lorraine, we're all so sorry to hear of the death of your father. How wonderful a blessing, that God allowed you the time to be with him and share with him. There are no words for a time like this, but for you to have those moments to hold on to, means so very much.
    Blessings on you and your family as you deal with this loss.
    With much love.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, Lorraine. God got you there...such a sweet memory you'll always have with your father. Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete