Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Did you notice?

In Exodus 24:9-11 is a passage I just caught for the first time in 25+ readings!

Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountain. There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself. And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them. In fact,they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence.


Wow!

Be encouraged,

Becky

5 comments:

  1. Home in time for call........
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this week, I thought of taking my posts that speak of God's sovereignty and make some sort of document that I can go back to. My birthday, last week, was full of God fingerprint on my life. I don't want to forget it. As Becky pointed out these men forgot what they had experienced with God. I think, at times, I do too. Today's insight confirmed what I need to do to keep my God communion time fresh. Thank You Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Robbie and many blessings.
    Hope your son is doing well this week!

    Thankful to have made the call.
    Got Mom home from doctor just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to read this passage and couldn't believe I have missed this the last 12 years of reading and again this year. They ate a covenant meal in his presence. I realize also that I do miss seeing God at work in my life, or feeling his presence. But God is good and he is patient and continues to show me what I miss. I enjoy reading old journals and seeing that God has been working in my life and answering my prayers. Happy Belated Birthday Robbie! Your Son is in my prayers as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all: Another 7/7.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete