Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What do you want Me to do for you?

I almost missed it.  I've been so "into" the Old Testament reading that I almost missed the simplicity and power in Matthew 20.

When 2 BLIND men heard that Jesus was coming (they couldn't see Him/neither can we; but we can hear Him!) toward them, they CRIED ALOUD, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"

(Don't you feel the same way sometimes?  I just need SO MUCH help...)

The passage continues to say they were shushed but they ignored the shushing.  And rightly so.  For when Jesus heard/saw them (He can always see us!), He asked them, "What do you want me to do for you?"

Of course, they wanted to see.  So they asked for what they wanted.  (What a novel idea!)  The reading goes on to say...


Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes.  Instantly, they could see! Then they followed Him.


If that doesn't give you courage to ask and hope to believe that He hears, sees and will answer you...I don't know what will!

Be encouraged,

Becky

7 comments:

  1. Powerful prayer that I will play again and again. I do cling to Jesus who hears our prayer. Your right, Becky, when we have disappointments in our own lives it helps us to feel for others. Prayer partner just arrived, more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that usually what topic God gives Becky for the week, is the exact same topic that has been coming across through church, or Scriptures or Bible study or books I am reading.
    This week was no different. Oh, and the Email blasts from Becky also seem to fit in. Lately
    I've been reading Gordon MacDonald's "Ordering Your Private World", plus starting a study on James. His work largely focuses on being called, vs. being driven (for the wrong reasons). Excellent work.
    I'm trying to pray some resources including time, will be freed up so I can serve others. (james focus)

    God is pointing out the same thoughts from all the different places. Matthew Scripture and today's prayer included.

    It certainly is a blessing to be able to pray for each person here, and their families and situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayer this morning Becky. It was a great way to start my day. I have been struggling but your prayer today sure spoke to my heart as well as the Bible verse in Matthew. It caught my eye as I was reading it, but I was thinking about the old testament reading and didn't meditate on Matthew and there it was when I read the blog this morning. God is good and knows what I need when. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning. I just wanted to share God's working in Stephanie's life yesterday. For the first time in 6 years, Stephanie appologized for all the pain and fighting she has caused. I had tears of joy and lifted my hands to the Lord. I journaled this so that when I allow Satan to discourage me, I can see that God does hear and is answering my prayers. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God gives us glimmers of HOPE by writing them down we hold on to them. Today, my daughter had her masters exam in French. I promised to pray for her. Every 10 minutes I would pray, at first it was the same prayer and then I noticed a change. At 12:09 one hour after the test began I prayed for endurance and being free from distraction, that she would keep her focus and plow through the test. Later, she told me how well it had gone and how she didn't feel any anxiety and that something strange happened an hour into the test. She was losing momentum becoming tired and noise of papers and coughing was getting to her. At a little after 12 she put her pencil down, closed her eyes and regrouped. She said she became invigorated, with a new energy, and the room was quiet, even though it wasn't. She was able to focus, finish, and look over her paper.
    God taught me to stop and pray and listen to his voice. I don't know why our prayers count but I know they do. Everyday I have been praying for our group including Mickey who I forgot on Wednesday.
    Lorraine thanks for sharing, it gives us all Hope. Little steps, big changes, right Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate and blessed by all the sharing.
    Trying to send out resumes and find some sort of part time work for me or hubby.
    Praying it will be somewhere God can use me (or him.)
    7/7
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete