Genesis 24: 12, "O Lord God of my master, Abraham," he prayed, "Please give me success today, and show unfailing love to my master, Abraham. . . This is my request..."
A prayer for success.
A sign.
A promise.
A fleece.
An expectation.
An angel to guide him.
How does God speak to you through this story?
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This passage stood out to me too! Verse 15 "before he had finished praying... (this said to me, "I, God, am listening and handling your request while you are still praying.") Vs 21 the servant needed a little convincing, "wondering whether or not the Lord had given him success in his mission." (am I doubting God's answer?)
ReplyDeletevs 27 Praised God (is this a habit that I praise God)
vs 50 "The LORD has obviously brought you here" Do others obviously see God have a hand in my life?
This morning I had an appointment with a designer to make some changes in my house, I prayed that today the design would go well and the ideas for function would flow. At one point the designer said we would have to call a construction person to see if what I wanted would work. I I texted my cabinet maker and he just happened to be at his shop and could come over in 10 minutes. We hammered out the design in 30. Everyone was amazed at how smoothly it was going and if I had called one minute later the cabinet maker would not have been able to make it. I shared my prayer and how God had given me success in my day. But wait there's more.
My college son came home today dejected; he has been asked to leave college for academic probation. I know that what ever I said to him was God inspired, we brainstormed and came up with a plan of attack. There is a school on the East Coast that deals with kids who struggle because of learning disabilities giving them tools to navigate the 4 year colleges. My son has not been open to going before. There is a chance that he might 1. be able to go there this spring or 2. get a second chance with the academic board at the current school. I know that God will take care of him. At the end of the day he was thanking me for helping him and felt God had a plan for his life. Praise God for his unfailing love who wants us to have success in our days, no matter what that success looks like.
ReplyDeleteSorry, one more thought, if I had not written out my prayer, read the bible and then written my thoughts on what God was telling me through this passage, this day would have had quite a different outcome.
ReplyDeleteMy husband had gotten up earlier than normal which cut into my prayer time. After getting him off to work I thought about just doing my bible reading at the end of the day but thought no this day is too important not to consult with God first thing. Beds would have to be left on done and no makeup, I needed to be with God. Wow, look what I would have missed out on if I hadn't first talked with God.
Robbie, you fire me up!
ReplyDeleteRobbie, I pray God will help your son with this school situation. How awesome it would be if it worked out at either school.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this devotional Becky.
We are struggling, trying to get 2 supervisors in a large corporation to hear our situation.
Long story, but they mishandled our business account and it is causing a wealth of problems. These people need to know what their actions have caused, and I need success in my endeavors to reach these people.
My husband is deeply depressed over this. I'm praying for success and praying God's promises.
Just listened to the call. God's timing is amazing. This year of prayer started when Becky posted the prayer study she is doing. I felt deeply convicted for giving up on praying for my prodigal on a daily basis so I signed up for that study. These verses caught my attention also. As Robbie noted in verse 15 "And it happened, before he had finished speaking..." I confess I don't pray believing prayers like I once did. This encouraged me tonight to speak less to my child and more to God! Thank you Becky for continuing this study it is already tugging at my heart and my head. God's Blessings!
ReplyDelete