Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Psalms: The End from The Beginning

Psalm One says that those who "delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night," are like trees planted by water, "bearing fruit EACH season!"

Here are the last 25 Psalms (Ps 125-150) in a phrase!

Oh my Lord,

You restore my fortunes,
You build my house,
You continually bless me.

You give me freedom.
You offer me forgiveness.
You calm my heart.
You keep your covenant.
You respect harmonious living.

You are my Maker!
I am your possession!

You do might miracles.
Lord, please remember me.

You give me encouragement,
You know me well,
You keep me near,
You are my refuge.

You know my future.
You are my God.
You fill my barns.
You keep your promises.

You will reign forever.
Your power is absolute.

You bring me close.
You are my Maker.

Your greatness is unequaled!

Amen!

7 comments:

  1. Amen, that made a wonderful prayer.
    Cant believe you did it in four words segments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 38 to 50

    I will wait for the Lord
    I will hope in Him
    I will wait patiently
    He will have mercy on me
    I will put my hope in God
    I will yet praise Him
    He will rise up and help us
    He will annoint with the oil of joy
    He will be our fortress
    He will reign over the nations
    He will be our guide
    He will redeem my life
    He will come and not be silent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord,
    You surround your people.
    You do amazing things.
    Without you, life is worthless.
    You people are joyful.
    You free me from the ungodly.
    Your redemption overflows.

    I am calm and quiet in you.
    I rest in your promises.
    Harmony comes from you.
    You bless your people.

    How great you are!
    Your love endures forever.
    May I never forget You.

    You have a plan.
    You know me!
    You rescue me from evil.

    Accept my prayers as incense.
    You are good to me.
    I lift my hands.
    You are my God.
    My confidence is in you.

    You count the stars and know them all by name!
    Praise the LORD!
    I rejoice in you.
    Praise the LORD!

    Amen.

    I have a difficult writing my thoughts in just four words sometimes

    7/7
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful! I am sorry to say that I have not kept up with this Psalm exercise, but I want to during 2012.

    I am 8/8 for the New Year. I've gone back to using Becky's Prayer Partner Notebook and find it a great way to go deeper in God's word and strengthen my relationship with him. I highly recommend it to anyone in this group who may not have used it. Making my time with God my most important priority really helps make the rest of the hours in the day more fulfilling and rewarding, and I am already seeing answers to prayers.

    Laura, I know you will understand when I say that I've been asking God for healing and blessings for my twin tabbies, who will be 20 years old in March. I know I won't have them forever, but I am grateful that both are doing reasonable well after some serious health issues. Little Sylvan was diagnosed with hypertensive retinopathy, which resulted in a detached retina and anterior chamber hemorrhage of the left eye. He can't see anything yet--in either eye, but he is eating, purring, and getting around pretty well. His little sister, Maggie, who has lost more than half of herself in the last few years and weighs just a little more than five pounds now, has been an amazing caregiver. She grooms her brother, alerts me if he seems in distress, and hardly ever leaves his side. God really does care for "all creatures great and small," doesn't he?

    Have a wonderful week, everyone!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lord,
    You surround your people
    You are amazing.
    You build my house.

    Your blessing's are bountiful.
    You Lord are good.
    Your redemption overflows.
    You calm me.

    Your are the mighty one.
    You give harmony.
    You make heaven & earth.

    Our Lord is great.
    Your faithful love endures forever.
    Hear me oh Lord.
    You give me strength.
    You see me.

    You are my God.
    Your are my refuge.
    You are good to me.
    Your gracious spirit leads.
    JOYFUL
    Great is the Lord.
    HELPER

    You rebuild.
    You make me strong.
    You crown the humble with Victory.

    Let everything that Breathes sing praises to the LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robbie, beautiful job, very special.
    Wanda oh yes, I know how you feel and not a day goes by I dont just thank God for my furry children. They mean so much to me. I'm glad yours are doing ok. They sound determined!

    Hey, and I am realy excited becsuse I just got a copy of the Sacred Obsession devotional. I had a coupon somewhere and they had a copy so it just came today.

    ReplyDelete