Reading through the entire Bible, each year, inevitably ends with the mysterious book of Revelation. Whether you take the time to read a commentary along with it or prefer to read it alongside the last few books of the Old Testament (especially Zechariah), you can't deny that the Bible is story of complex, futuristic, and prophetic. With every read-through of the book of Revelation, there is always something that surprises or inspires me afresh. This year I read it in Revelation 14:6-7:
And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the eternal Good News to proclaim to the people who belong to this world--to every nation, tribe, language, and people. "Fear God," he shouted. "Give glory to him. for the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water."
(Doesn't it appear that we're ending just as we began?? With creation and salvation??)
Keep reading. Keep praying.
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been good to read it. Havent pulled out commentaries, but just glad to have the overview.
ReplyDeleteI hope in 2012 I can glean more as I read, and am thrilled I have made it through this year. Will be 7/7 tonight!
Happy new year and many blessings!
Have been blessed this year to have this group to read through the Bible with. Revelation is always an intersting book to me. I didn't pull out a commentary this year but I believe it was last year that I did. I still enjoy just reading it and soaking in the Word of God.
ReplyDelete7/7
Blessed New year!
Great observation, Becky! About a year and a half ago, our pastor did a sermon series on the Book of Revelation. There is certainly much that we can't fathom, but every time through the book it speaks to us in new ways.
ReplyDeleteI've really enjoyed this series and look forward to the Prayer Series in 2012. I know I haven't posted much for a while, but all of you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I promise to be more consistent in 2012.
Have a wonderful New Year!
Please pray for my father. He turned 81 yesterday and had a small stroke the day before. He was baptized as a baby but hasn't been active in his faith and I am not sure if he still believes. I am in Alaska and he is in Wyoming so this is difficult to know what to do so I would appreciate your prayers for healing and discernment. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLord, please send healing to Lorraine's father and please be real in his life so much so that he knows who is watching over him.
ReplyDeleteGive Lorraine peace being so far away, and bless this family through this father's healing. Amen.
Wanda, good to see you! Hope you are hsving a good school year!
ReplyDeleteOK, woo Hoo! Just reading the last few pages in the Change Your Life Bible which makes it 7/7 for an entire year (and I didnt think I could do it!!!!!).
ReplyDeletewoo hoooooooo!
ReplyDelete