You are more valuable than a whole flock of sparrows.
Much of the book of Matthew is "red letter" teaching. I encourage you to choose a few of your favorite "words of Jesus" and post them to our blog.
The power of living Word is the power of Jesus in our lives, yes?
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi all: That verse was from Monday the 16'th I believe, not sure if I said yesterday but it was still showing up in my life yesterday and another place the day before.
ReplyDeleteRobbie, thank you for the wonderful prayer.
I'll be praying for your son, that God shows him where he needs to be with all clarity.
Blessings,
Ps Though it came up in the other group, Psalm 37 is right on for my life lately.
ReplyDeleteI really miss not making the live calls but so enjoy listening to them like I did tonight so I can sit and ponder. Thank you for the lovely prayer Robbie.
ReplyDeleteHere is a few of my thoughts from Matthew this week:
“But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.” Matthew 10:19-20
These versus spoke to me in a couple of different ways, first was immediately when I read it because I had been thinking about some false reasoning’s my prodigal child had shared about why she doesn’t attend church any more but she still loves Jesus. On the inside I just wanted to scream, but I held my tongue and this verse spoke to me saying to wait on Jesus and the Holy Spirit for the words to speak to her at the right time, God’s time, not necessarily my time. Then later during this week it came to mind again when I was reviewing what we had talked about in my Bible study about being able to go through persecution and how people do it. This verse speaks to that as well when it says “given to you in that hour”. Jesus knows what we need and when we need it; this includes words, daily bread, or courage.
Another verse that always speaks to me is Matthew 10:38, “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worth of Me.” For me, that just says it all! I have desired in my heart to fix my prodigal so many times, but I know that it is my cross to carry and to rely on Jesus to get me through each trying time.
Blessings on the rest of your week. 7/7
Something to share:
ReplyDeleteAbout two weeks before Christmas (and we had no money or gift giving this year, due to no work...) the Yellow pages sent our past due account to an outside collections agency.
We had made a very decent offer to them in 2010, and they rejected it and then let it set there a year despite our requests for a supervisor.
Well, the collection agency was very hostile and abusive, all before Christmas day. I had to send a dispute letter in thirty days, they ignored that and didnt even let the thirty days go by. I was disputing the fact that they were told we never offered any settlement.
I told them in the letter, I was trying to get the yellow pages to take the account back, since we had made that offer and *they* rejected it.
Last Friday the collections lady left a very cold message: "This is in my hands now and you cannot get the account moved." Then she threatened us, once again. I drove to the bank and prayed in my car, "no, this is in God's hands."
I had written letters and emails all over the US to the Yellow pages offices, and local as well. No response. I prayed for one person to assist us, somewhere. One angel. Remember, last week's devotional Becky? I prayed for "Success!"
This morning I looked at the huge stack of correspondence, and all the time I was spending and I literally asked God to kill Goliath (the collection incident) with a large stone. Ok, I was reading something in Charles Stanley and it came from there....sort of.
I prayed that God would remove that agency from our lives, we dont need it when income is so bad (btw,a tiny breakthrough in that as of yesterday)and would God please take it away? For good?
Well, this morning a lady called from yellow pages in TN. She said she moved the account back to internal collections. I cried and cried, and told her how bad business is, and how much we needed not to be dealing with abuse from an outside agency at this time.
She just said, "ok it's ok. I am so sorry.
Take your time and make arrangement with us when you can. No rush."
God killed the giant. One letter was successful. I don't even know which one, but I had prayed for success in my mission.
Business is still slow, very slow. But that answer was so utterly right on target. Ok, I am crying again.
A very good time to be praying and taking the course on prayer (and James...I begin that study next week with my 86 yr old Mom.)
I hope this builds everyone's faith.
It's a little personal, so I thought I would post it here since we are a small closed group.
I'm really still processing the whole morning.
Sweet Laura,
ReplyDeleteGod's gift to us, a glimmer of HOPE.
Today when I read Psalm 91 I thought of you. vs 3 "Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
vs14 Because he loves me, " says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
Laura, may you feel his presence and guidance.
Lorraine, I miss hearing the live calls, too, but truly am blessed by the recorded calls. Robbie, thank you for the beautiful prayer you offered on Wednesday; it blessed all of us, and thank you for your scripture references here, too.
ReplyDeleteLaura, I appreciate your willingness to share your struggles and successes so transparently, and I'm glad to hear you had some good news this week.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! I will spend much of the weekend trying to get through final projects, exams, and quarter grades. Now that students have finished turning everything in, I feel a "glimmer of hope" that I'll be able to wrap up this semester and start fresh next week.--Would appreciate your prayers and I deal with the notes that will no doubt be in my school e-mail account.
Goodnight!
God answered Vermont for my son not school in Ca. Please keep us in your prayers this week. My husband is tied up with work and will not be able to join us. Hard transitions for a sensitive soul. I pray that my son will be drawn to God and God would illuminate the path he needs to take. Pray for safety as I will need to drive in snow country. We need be ready to go tomorrow. I will not be able to make the call this week.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayers.
January 20th Proverbs 4:1-6 I prayed for guidance for my son and God answered me ......."I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my instruction"
Pray for the individual and trust God with the outcome.
Wanda, thanks. I have an awful lot of friends suffering in this economy, and I'm grateful for insight He gives me as it encourages my prayers for them.
ReplyDeleteRobbie, praying for you for a safe trip and that God will bless and keep your family through these transitions. Please be careful and report back when you can!
7/7.
Laura
Robbie, I thought I had responded to your posting last night, but I must not have hit "publish." Anyway, I hope you and your son are finding Vermont not too cold and snowy. Have you ever been there before? It is a beautiful state! I remember back in high school dreaming of attending Middlebury College after graduation. That never happened, for the school was way too expensive for my parents' budget and way too far for this only child's first experience away from home, so I stayed in Maryland. I pray that the change of scenery and the fresh start will be just what your son needs to help him succeed, and I also pray that you and your husband will adjust well to having him so far away.
ReplyDeleteLaura, you are quite welcome! I know how difficult this economy is on you, your friends, and most of us today, but we just have to trust that we are where we are meant to be at this time, and Someone much more capable than we are is in charge. I posted a paragraph on the other blog concerning our pastor's message this morning, the second one on the power of faith in God--very encouraging words!! I also found this morning's passage from Proverbs 4 very uplifting: "I will teach you wisdom's ways and lead you in straight paths. When you walk, you won't be held back; when you run, you won't stumble. Take hold of my instructions; don't let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life" (vs. 11-13).
Wishing everyone in the group many blessings this week!
Wanda
Wanda & Laura thank you for your comments and prayers. This weeks title is perfect for me, Don't be afraid.
ReplyDeleteWe leave for Vermont on Tuesday and get to the school on Wednesday. I guess God wants to show me that he will help me navigate rental cars, hotels, airplanes and strange environments. I too, found the scripture to be timely today.
Wanda, I wrote a comment one day this last week, saw it, and then poof the next day it was gone. Strange.
You can't know how thankful I am for your prayers .God bless, Robbie
I couldn't sleep so I turned on my computer and thought I would do some housekeeping. In the process of cleaning out my download file I came across a downloaded call from one of Becky's groups. When God prompts you to pray......Interesting enough, Becky prayed for Lorraine, Wanda, Laura and my son. The power of prayer keeps on going....I closed my eyes and let Becky's words go directly to Jesus the keeper of our souls and future. I do not need to worry but trust God that he will take care of him and help me too. Jesus loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so.
ReplyDeleteWanda, I started a file of verses much like that which you shared. Started a Bible study on James tonight with my Mom's church so more faith building.
ReplyDeleteRobbie, praying all is well on your journey.