Let's make Psalm 20:1-2, ad 4-5 our corporate prayer this week:
In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from ALL harm.
May He send you help from the sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
May He grant YOUR heart's desires and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy when we hear of Your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.
As we pray for each each other, pray with/in expectation and hope. AMEN?
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YES!
ReplyDeleteAmen! That Psalm helped me through a very difficult day yesterday. I left for school knowing that I had to meet with an administrator as a result of her conversation with a disgruntled parent was angry because I had not yet answered her last two e-mails. (She checks grades on the hour, I think, and can't understand why grades for her daughter's assignments aren't instantly visible.) I left for school with a knot in my stomach but with the words of the psalm echoing in my head. I made it through the conference, but came back to my room feeling frustrated and discouraged, for I was not nearly finished with quarter grades, which were due in tonight, and I still needed to get ready to start the new semester today. With tears welling up in my eyes, I sat down at my desk and dared to go back to my e-mails. Another parent (who happens to be the principal of a nearby middle school) wrote to say how much he appreciated my last note to him and how glad he was that his son is in my class. Little did he know that the timing of his e-mail to me was absolutely perfect!
ReplyDeleteTomorrow I will probably be reprimanded for not having all of my grades uploaded by 8 p.m. I did the best I could, but it took me until after 9 p.m. to finish, and I'm not even sure they are all correct. Tonight I am trusting God to see me through this rough stretch--and help me get up way too early one more morning.
Wishing you all blessings this week!
Wanda, praying everything ended up ok with the grades and all.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day.
Wanda,
ReplyDeleteI am also praying for you. I want to say as a parent, I love the ability to check my son's grades, but in the same breath I appreciate all the work the teachers do and I am sorry that there are alot of parents that I know that are as the one you described. When I start getting uptight over my Son's grades not being posted, I pray that God will remind me to stop and pray and pray for you also that there may be another parent who stops and prays for you instead of sending an e-mail they can't take back. God's blessings on your Friday!
Amen