Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Keep the fire lit!

In Leviticus 6:12-13, Moses shares the instruction He had been given from the Lord:

"Meanwhile, the fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must never go out.  Each morning the priest will add fresh wood to the fire and . . . remember, the fire must be kept burning on the altar at all times. It must never go out."


How do you and I fuel this fire on the "altar" of our hearts?  With prayer and Bible reading...the opening of His Word, the confidence that He is speaking back to us.  It is a command, it is a warning, it is a comfort.

He is always with us...are we always with Him?

Be encouraged,

Becky

2 comments:

  1. Blogger is acting up, seeing if I can post.
    7/7 again last week.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Lorraine and Robbie, thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home in Alaska now. Just listened to the call and thank you so much for the prayers. That explains all the peace and comfort I felt during my fathers funeral. I actually was reading this on the plane Saturday as I was traveling. I vaguely remember thinking about keeping the fire lit. I know that the only way that can happen in my life is for me to open the word of God and listen to him speaking to me. How thankful I am for my Daily Bible and this group to keep me going forward. God's Blessings on each of you.

    ReplyDelete