Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Instantly, Suddenly, Immediately

Acts 12 struck me this week as having a strong focus on how God can/will/does immediately move.

First, when Peter was imprisoned with no way of escape, God sent an angel to awaken him and quickly escort him (safely) out of prison. Then the angel "suddenly" left him.

Second, though Herod had done numerous, ghastly things to the believers for quite some time, when he accepted the worship of people, instead of giving glory to God, he was "instantly" struck with sickness and died.

There is "no mess around" in the Book of Acts, is there?

Most importantly, these verses/stories always give me confidence to pray for the "immediate," the "suddenly," or the "instant."

I may not receive such quick healing, release or answers, but I know all things are possible with God!

Be encouraged,

Becky



4 comments:

  1. Powerful realization that God DOES respond immediately, instantly, or suddenly in some situations. So why not pray with expectation that he will stand in when we need him most. I just got back from my mother's house where the problems are HUGE. I don't see solutions but God does. I was so encouraged with todays post. Pray BIG and know that God WILL respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, very good today. I needed it too.
    I'm struggling with direction on a new church home, and where to focus for part time work.
    I have a huge smattering of work-from-home jobs in content writing for web sites, plus took a test for another job this week. Waiting waiting waiting.
    Will be working a new focus for my prayers.

    PS I assume all our meetings resume July 11?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi All: Well, I tried a new church today and the pastor's message was on how we should be reading the Bible every day so we can see what God is trying to show us (and He will show us something every day). This was better than last week's church where the pastor suggested he doesnt really dig into the Bible and if we care to we can call or Email him to discuss.
    He meant well, but today's sermon spoke a little more to me and reminded me what this course has taught me.
    Have a blessed day.
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on the praying with expectation. My work place is on unstable financial ground. We have been making changes for the last 6 months and drastic changes the last three months. Now this month we are faced with more challenges and more drastic changes. I keep praying and believing God knows my situation and needs, but nothing too miraculous has happened. I know I need to wait on God and believe. It is this group and the prayer group that keeps me getting out of bed everyday, reading my bible, praying and believing that God knows! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete