Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Faith

Acts 14:9 reads, "Paul realized that he had faith to be healed. So Paul called to him in a loud voice, "Stand up!" And the man jumped to his feet and started walking.

This is not a formula. And yet, it begs to be understood.

What do you think prompted Paul to believe the man had faith?

More on the call from me--but how about you?

Be encouraged:),

Becky

7 comments:

  1. Acts 14:8-10 (MSG)
    8 There was a man in Lystra who couldn't walk. He sat there, crippled since the day of his birth.
    9 He heard Paul talking, and Paul, looking him in the eye, saw that he was ripe for God's work, ready to believe.
    10 So he said, loud enough for everyone to hear, "Up on your feet!" The man was up in a flash—jumped up and walked around as if he'd been walking all his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Becky's salvation experience! Ripe for God's work and ready to believe and healed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times when you know what you are suppost to do. Paul knew that he was to offer healing and the crippled man knew he was to get up and walk.
    It has been 2 1/2 years that I have been in the daily walk bible. Last summer I heard Jill Briscoe speak on a passage in 2nd Kings about the man losing his borrowed ax. She wove a story around losing your edge for God. When I came upon this passage in the reading my mind went back to her talk. Questions stirred in my mind. I saw another plus of reading the bible everyday. Before hearing that talk the man losing his ax never even surfaced but now God speaks and I listen in so many new ways. I am very glad for this group I read with expectancy that God is speaking to me. The bible is my life line. Thank you Becky for doing this group it has been an highlight in my walk with God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. This group really has done that.
    I was so happy to hear this pastor in the new church I visited, say to look in the Word every single day for at least one message. I plan to visit the same church this weekend and hopefully it will be my new church home. The pastor assured me it was a very Bible based fellowship and I am so thankful for that. He seems to be the sort of speaker who sends you home with some homework, things to pray on and read. That's going to be valuable. This course surely has helped me set the pattern for that. And I wasnt even going to take this course because I didnt think I could do this! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Robbie and Laura isn't it amazing how God works. I have been using Becky's daily Bible since a friend and co-worker gave it to me in 2001 but I had been struggling these last few years to be committed to reading it every day along with praying. This group has made me be accountable to read it every day again. How much I missed hearing from God now that I am reading his word.
    Laura, my family has been searching for a new church home for the last couple of years. It is a tough transition so I understand your struggles as well. The church we have been attending for about 9 months is Bible based and I am trying to convince my teenagers that is what is more important than the music since they sing a lot of the older hymns. But I pray that if we are faithful, God will lift the veil someday from their eyes and they will understand our choice. God's blessings today and throughout your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, I hope and pray God gives you wisdom and puts you right where you and your family need to be. I visited the new church again today and it feels pretty much like I belong there. Once again, the pastor stressed reading the Word and following God's commands.
    Hope you all have a blessed day and safe fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Pastor said in his sermon today that you only grow through grace if you have a daily quiet time in the Word of God and a prayer time. That going to Church doesn't grow you in grace. In my own experience how true this is.

    ReplyDelete