Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Samuel, Saul, David...

The leader who is anointed by God has such an incredible opportunity to protect and honor God's name and his people. This week, it's your turn to share one lesson you've learned about the leaders from this weeks reading. More importantly, what warnings or signs from their lives can we apply to our lives? I ask because we are leaders in this culture and we are all vulnerable. Yes?

Be encouraged,

Becky

4 comments:

  1. thank you for the 8 components of a leader...I think I may even use this as a basis for my confession this week. This really hit me!
    I haven't posted for a few weeks, and I have lost count of our days, but I have read each day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All: 7 for 7 again....
    Like Paige, I love the 8 characteristics of a leader. I'm going to stick them on an index card I think.

    While I have been reading what struck me is that I Sam 18:14 says David was successful in everything he did because the Lord was with him. He honored God by not taking things into his own hands ( he had many opportunities to kill Saul off) and because he followed God's plan he prospered. He also sought God constantly.
    Hope you are all having a very blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I have been so busy with the graduations in our family this month that I feel a little out of the loop. However, I have been taking time to be with God and have read every day and journaled.
    It is always interesting to me as I read 1 Samuel how the Spirit leaves Saul and an evil spirit comes right in. Then the focus of his leadership changes. I haven't had a chance to listen to the call but will try to do that today.
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting note to II Sam. 1:12.
    This had my interest, and requires more thought:

    A life of deceit leads to disaster. The man lied to gain some personal reward for killing David's rival, but he misread David's character. If David had rewarded him for murdering the king, David would have shared his guilt. Instead, David had the messenger killed. Lying can bring disaster upon the liar, even for something he or she has not done

    ReplyDelete