Jeremiah prayed, "You provide the sun...moon and stars. You are famous for your miracles and your favor. Nothing is too hard for you!"
The Lord replied (speaking about His people), "You will be my people and I will be your God. I will give you one heart and one purpose to worship me. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will never stop doing good for you. I will put a desire in your hearts to worship me and you'll never leave me. And I will find JOY in doing good for you. I will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant you in the land."
These words remind just how much the Lord wants us to "want" Him...to want to be near Him and with Him and to trust Him and hope in Him (that is worship)!
I want to be that kind of gal!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Morning! As I sat down this morning and turned on my computer to start my time in the Word, the first thing I read was this blog. This is what I read just before going to sleep last night. God amazes me when he puts something in my path more than once. I went to sleep thinking, this is what I desire.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day.
Lorraine, for me too.
ReplyDeleteOur Bible study message at church today was built around praying "bigger", expecting God to work...really just expecting. Believe God to do the impossible per Becky.
And our lecture gal said this is going to be the focus all year. Need it!
Sorry I missed seeing the new time. I just listened to the replay and it so hit home. I too, want to be a gal of one purpose: to worship God.
ReplyDelete"I can't, You Can and I will let you"
Right when you feel the most discouraged God gives you a lift. I prayed for my new sister-in-law this last week for a job. Put the timer on at the exact moment her interview was. I can't tell you how excited I was when she texted me that she got the job. I prayed for God's will and that she would see God's hand in all of this.
You are right Becky: Everyday is walking in Faith!
Every day is walking in faith! Isn’t that the truth? How can one go on if they do not walk in faith? God wants what is good while Satan wants evil for our lives so if we aren’t walking in faith we will be listening to his lies and life will become overwhelming.
ReplyDeleteI was out of town last weekend so I only had my Bible along and not my journal but in my Bible I marked this passage that Becky referenced.
“And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me.” I wrote in my Bible: This is what I pray for my family, especially my prodigal child that God will put the desire in her heart to worship Him. What a glorious promise that enables me to get up every morning and sit before my Lord and God and believe and walk in faith.
God's Blessing on your week.
7/7
Hope you are having a blessed weekend.
ReplyDelete7/7.
Laura.
Once again this has been a super busy week, and I didn't get to hear either call until this evening, but after listening to this one a few moments ago, I can't help thinking that was part of God's plan. . . .
ReplyDeleteI began the weekend with a feeling of anxiety. The grading period ends this Friday, and I still have tons of work to do, but I also had way some commitments on the calendar that I couldn't break. In addition, I have a formal observation on Thursday, and although I know I shouldn't, I've been feeling anxious about that as well.
Today was just one of those days at school. My yearbook kids and I had booked a photographer to take club pictures, but my helpers didn't show up until I tracked them down; then several of the students forgot it was picture day, so I kept getting interrupted through my classes to see if they could reschedule. On top of that, my freshmen were all stressed out about the end of the marking period and wanted/needed/absolutely had to know their exact grades all at once. (I talked with other teachers after school, and that scenario seemed to be the order of the day.) Anyway, I stayed at school until nearly 5 p.m. trying to get things organized but came home wishing I had retired last spring. I don't know when I've ever felt so out of sorts, so I decided to have a good dinner and then tackle the work for the evening.
After straightening up a bit, I sat down at the computer and spent the next two hours answering e-mails and working on grades--not planning Thursday's lesson plan yet at all. Then I remembered that I had not yet listened to the calls, so I took a break to listen and heard Becky saying, "Wipe a clean slate with all the fears and doubt and worries and anxieties and details, and from this moment forward, keep your eyes looking up. 'You are the God who heals and fulfills, whether I can see it or not . . . .'" I needed to hear that tonight. Sometimes I don't know how I'll do everything, but I don't have to figure it all out; I just need to have faith that God will help me. Worry and anxiety certainly don't help me, but faith in God does. Thank you, Becky.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
Wanda,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. AMEN!
Wanda, Thank you for your take on the call, I had forgot that part and what a great reminder about faith.
ReplyDeleteLOOK UP Yes Look up and let God take care of us.
Ps 94:12 Joyful are those you discipline, LORD, those you teach with your instructions. You give the relief from troubled times until a pit is dug to capture the wicked.
My son has been struggling but I see that God has a hand on him. I am not going to worry but increase my prayers for him. I am going to write him a note with this weeks lesson as an encouragement to him.