Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another Twenty-Five Memorable Psalms

Lord,

You remove my guilt,
You can be trusted.
You restore my life,
You keep me alive.

You take my burdens,
You fulfill my purpose.
You record my tears,
You destroy my enemies

You are my fortress,
You restore my favor.
You hear my vows,
You give me victory.

You hold me securely,
You are my shelter.
You forgive my sins,
You perform awesome miracles.

You richly bless me,
You scatter my enemies.
You show me favor,
You will not delay.

You will restore me,
You make me prosperous.
You are mine forever,
You have redeemed me.

You empower the godly.

Amen!

Be encouraged,

Becky

5 comments:

  1. This is from last week. I have been trying to post it since Saturday:

    God is the Awesome One! I have been listening to a sermon in the Invisible War. A few months back God showed me that I am not battling my daughter but the spiritual war that is being waged against her.
    In my Bible I had marked many of these passages over the last few years since she first went away to college and I could see the change going on inside her. But I continue to pray even when I struggle with unbelief I pray for belief.
    Thank you to each of you for your prayers and sharing your stories. God is definitely at work in this group bringing our lives together. My prayers are with each of you also. Have a blessed week.
    Becky, have you ever made a trip to the University of Alaska, Anchorage campus?
    7/7 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, everyone! In the post I removed, I had intended to say that I hope it has been a good WEEK, but I think my fingers got ahead of my mind.

    Anyway, I've thought of this group so much as I've read this week's passages in the CYL Bible. Colossians seems to be especially relevant to our group. All of us have people in our lives who are difficult to deal with, and the readings from the last two days really offer wise advice. In Col. 3:10, Paul urges the people to "put on your new nature and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him." We are also reminded to "clothe [ourselves] with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends [us]. . . . Above all, clothe [ourselves] with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in [our] hearts. . . . Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill [our] lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. . ." (vs. 12-16).

    The lines that struck me most today were: "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart" (Col. 4:2) and "Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone" (vs. 5-6).

    Sometimes when authority figures make unreasonable demands or squirrelly teens act like squirrelly teens, it is difficult not to react rashly and emotionally, but I think that remembering these verses will help me be a better teacher and co-worker. I hope they speak to you in your situations, as well.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord,
    Change my heart, O God.
    Your justice continues forever.
    No one seeks you.
    You are my defender.
    You will rescue me

    You are on my side.
    You will protect me.
    You are Judge.
    You show me unfailing love.

    With your help I will do mighty things.
    You lead me to safety.

    I will wait quietly before You.
    I cling to you, Lord.
    Hide me from evil,

    You forgive all my sins.
    You love me!
    You are merciful.
    You are a Father to the fatherless.
    You are the source of life.

    You take care of me for your mercy is so plentiful.
    You see my pain.
    You are great!
    You have ransomed me.
    You are our rescuer.

    Whom have I in heaven, but you?
    You remember your covenant promises
    You will break the wicked.

    Amen.

    Thank you for your encouraging post Wanda. God's Word gets me through each day, and are a great reminder of how to be a Christian through Christ in me.

    7/7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all: Wonderful posts. And Becky I am amazed at what you did with the four words.
    I'm still trying to work on the Psalms.
    With Bible study back in gear, I need to guard my time a bit better.

    I was struck by this verse this week:
    Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)
    16 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'

    It just seemed a call to me to return to really sound Biblical things. I think our church has finally selected a new pastor and he is, I think, focused on helping us to stay on the right path.
    Just some thoughts......

    Am 7/7 once again

    ReplyDelete