Another one almost slipped by me!
Luke 1:76-77 is Zechariah's prayer and prophecy over his son, John (the Baptist). He says, "And you will tell people how to find salvation through the forgiveness of their sins."
This is so specific, so clear. Why are people afraid to talk about sin and/or forgiveness? Great questions to ponder, eh?
Be encouraged (to forgive),
Becky
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The lens of forgiveness: powerful, mighty, transforming, illuminating. This week I wrote a letter to my brother asking him for his forgiveness. Something I had said to his daughter had unintentionally hurt him. When asking God to help me see my part I was saddened to learn how much judgement and un forgiveness I carried. What came to my mind was PRACTICE FORGIVENESS. Today's call resonated with me.
ReplyDeleteWhat a powerful gift God gives us that he makes it possible that we don't have to own the shame any longer and not carry the weight of it
. My heart is broken for my brothers. The lesson I learned this week wasn't just for them it was for me and for living a life that is honoring to God which starts with having a life style of forgiveness. Thank You Becky for once again listening to God and sending it our way. I felt like God was using you to give me this message.
I don't have an example for this week, but I have had a real opportunity to offer healing prayers. My husband's cousin (they are all Jewish) had breast cancer surgery this week. she lives across the country, but I have been getting with her on the phone and Facebook and offering those healing prayers. I can see a few other believers have as well.
ReplyDeleteToday she said those prayers make her feel better, and maybe Jesus really is God's son.
Which of course, is all the more encouragement for me to be praying for her much more and encouraging her by phone.
I'm trying to employ the other group, slow down and pray the WRITE way for people like Susan.
7/7, have a blessed weekend.
Laura.
That verse stood out for me also, but I think it is because I am involved in the Beth Moore study "Jesus The One and Only" and we were discussing Zechariah's blessing and prophesy. I had not noticed that before now. Isn't it wonderful to have a God who can put all my Bible studies together. As I was reading tonight in the old testament, the versus in Deuteronomy regarding why the Israelites would be successful wasn't because of their righteousness but because the of the Canaanites wickedness. I am struggling in the situation I mentioned about my place of work and the new business. The owner of the new place has stated her goal is to have our business close down. This wouldn't bother me so much but I feel helpless because I won't stoop to her level. God spoke to me through those versus. Nothing escapes God. He knows exactly the wickedness that is going on. He is in control and I do not need to help him along with any of my ideas (even though I keep trying to tell him how I would do it). He placed it on my heart to continue to pray and trust in him. I can tell you that I have never felt so alone or helpless in all my life and I know that God wants me to look up and know that he is with me. This is where I have to give Him my all! Have a blessed Sunday. God's Love.
ReplyDelete