Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jesus

Luke 9:16 says, "Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then breaking the bread and fish into pieces, he kept giving the bread and fish to the disciples so they could distribute it to the people. They ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers!"

Your thoughts?  I'll share mine on the call!

Be encouraged,

Becky

5 comments:

  1. OT, but I was just thinking how Wednesday has become Becky Calls day.
    My family and friends all know Wednesday is the day for Becky Calls.
    They set their own agendas aside so I can have my Becky Calls.
    Thanks Becky for giving your time to us and making Wednesday (or any day we check the recording) special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My application from this would be that God can take whatever we offer Him, and multiply it to bless other people. Really been thinking long and hard about that. My best friend's husband has been hired, laid off, hired and laid off about four times in the past year. They are struggling something awful. I'm praying God will take what I can offer, no matter what it is and bless other people back. Sometimes all I can offer is the gift of praying for them, but of course we know that is the biggest gift of all. And God can multiply it and use it. (this was a commentary-free "what do you think?" answer!)

    Have a very blessed Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your application -- yes, prayer can be multiplied! B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, what a great application. I will be out of town for the next week, you will all be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the disciples, we can't see Jesus (God) in our midst. Especially we as women want to be in control. Like the disciples telling Jesus he needs to send the people away to get lodging and food, I try to tell Jesus how I want prayers answered. Of course, Jesus always has a better plan and we are blessed by his plan. As I have thought about these versus this week and applied it to my work place, I have to trust in Jesus. He knows exactly what is going on and his blessing will be in abundance. It may not be what I expect, as the disciples didn't expect to feed thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread, but I will be blessed. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete