Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He Sees, He Cares, He Knows

News: I received a message from FREECONFERENCE that all yahoo.com email addresses were bounced back. I inquired and they suggested that: "Once the e-mails are sent, they are out of our control and subject to delays, blocked, classified as spam, etc., like any other internet e-mail. Just make sure your recipients are able to receive mail from the domain name conferencemgr.com as a safe sender.

Notes: This week, I was impressed by the synergy between the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. Each written at a different time by different people, the thread of each wove a tapestry that teaches a Bible reader that God sees our lives on earth, He cares about us as individuals, and He knows our future.

As we continue to read through Leviticus, I found it very interesting how the health (red flags and diagnoses of disease) of God's people was a part of the text. We have physical bodies that God cares about. As we read along in Mark, we begin to see (and it is hard to see, by the way), that believers (even the greatest) are not entitled to perfect health or peaceful lives. Those especially who stand boldly for the Lord (such as John the Baptist) would be beheaded. He was not protected from this death. Yet, as we read (fortunately) through the coinciding prayers of David and others in the Psalms, we are reminded that we traveling through this world--not of it. We are citizens of heaven, children of God, who will experience peace and perfection in heaven, throughout eternity. It was this knowledge and expectation that drove Jesus to the cross. It kept the disciples faithful to their mission. It is to be our comfort as well.

Be encouraged,

Becky

8 comments:

  1. Yeah7//7 again...I have managed to do each day since we started...we need to keep a running total...I guess I will have to go back and count my days. I almost missed it one day...forgot to set my alarm so I had to do my quiet time after the morning rush.

    What is God saying to me? When I answer that question, I am affected by Becky's comment...he sees, he cares, he knows. As I read through the bible daily, this truth is cemented for me. He is saying he will take care of me, he wants me to work on me. He will show me the way. I need to work on self control. He is my helper, my rescuer and my shelter. As I move out of my marriage, I need these words. they help me put my feet on the floor each day and work on not being overwhelmed...and this leads in to what god is telling me todo...he is telling me to put my feet on the floor and keep going. My circumstances are overwhelming to me, but not to God. My integrity comes from being faithful, not what others think of me. I am feeling his peace this week ans my life begins to have somemuch needed structure so I can move forward even in my current circumstances...isn't that realy what we seek...forward movement even in less than desireable circumstances? It seems I can't see the forward movement unless I am anchored to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 7/7. I just listened to the call. It is always so inspiring to hear what you have to say Becky and God speaking through you gives me hope.

    I have some hard stuff going on right now. I have my Aunt who is going through the final days of her life. I am so far away that I am not able to be there with her so "my heart is sad" as I read again and again in Psalm 42. Also, my oldest daughter seems to be walking farther and farther away from her faith and God. But God spoke to me today about that in my devotional reading by Oswald Chambers when he writes "You cannot draw up quietness and comfort out of it. No, He will bring them down from above." I believe I forget he is the Almighty and nothing is impossible for him. I go to Him for comfort but do I go to Him as the Almighty? I have been struggling down deep for many years; feeling I am alone and abandoned because God hasn't done what I have prayed for my daughter.

    Do I tell her when her words aren't glorifying God or when her actions are that of the world? How do I be a parent to a child who is walking away? Is God breaking me so that he can do a work in me as well? These are the questions going through my mind. Today in my reading of Mark 9, the man said to Jesus, "If you can?" This really spoke to me. God said to me through this reading to let Him do the work that needs to be done. To come to Him as the almighty which nothing is impossible. My prayer then was like the fathers, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24.
    Again thank you Becky for offering this. Here I feel safe and can share my troubles of my heart.

    God's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Week 8: 7 of 7 and 56 of 56

    The Old Testament reading tells me that God cares about health, not just my spiritual and emotional, but mental and physical. The reading, though somewhat difficult for me to understand, really tells me that I may not have perfect health, but that I must take measures to "stay clean" or control my health.

    The Psalms and Proberbs this week are perfectly timed to remind me that the Lord upholds the righteous and will not forsake his faithful ones. Therefore, I must be faithful in my prayer and study so that I may keep eternity in my heart.

    The encouragement from an education author to use a TLC process to read and share with others has helped me. Dr. Draper encourages: T = think about what you believe; L = listen to others (including reading and God) and learn to reframe the information; and C = connect or communicate with others.

    "There's never perrfect, but there's faithful and true." A huge fan of music, this line from an Alan Jackson song has helped me keep focused with my learning this week. Thank you Becky and others for helping ane encouraging us to become children of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, everyone! I’ve spent the last half hour writing a note to you to let you know how much I’ve missed participating in the group, and somehow I lost it all when I hit “send.” (I’ll try to reconstruct it tomorrow, for I have to get up for school in about 6 hours and really need to get to bed.)

    Meanwhile, just a quick thank you to Pam, who contacted me this weekend to see if I was OK. Oh, how I appreciated that note, Pam! How grateful I am for your kindness to me and your faithfulness to the group! . . . And another quick thank you to Robbie, whose last note to me on the blog really touched my heart. . . . This time I’m the one who would love to board a plane and come to visit you--I’m so sorry to hear about the struggles you’ve endured the last couple of weeks.

    The daily Bible reading has been a calming, reassuring part of my life in 2011, and I’ve been consistent with it; however, I’ve missed the interaction with all of you. Becky, I’ve also missed hearing the weekly calls. Although I can’t make the live calls on Wednesday, I will listen to them in the evenings from now on.

    Have a wonderful week, everyone! God bless!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All: 56 for 56 this week!

    First from last week, just wanted to mention that the "F" in BRIEF really struck me because I remembered a time many years ago when my friend and I were sitting discussing God. She had not received the Lord yet, but was very very close and in fact it came about pretty close to the same time as this event. Anyway, we were sitting in a kitchen of a home she was housesitting for and I cannot explain it, but a shock, a spark a zap went around the kitchen and hit both of us. I really believe God was ushering her into His family. She felt it, I felt it and ever since then we have shared our experiences with God and with each other. He even allowed us to buy our second homes within two blocks of each other. We've been there for each other ever since those days when she first met Him, and I was there to share Him with her.
    Otherwise, Becky I thought this was a good and beneficial devotional you wrote this week.
    Paige I was blessed by what you wrote as well. Lorraine I pray God will carry you through your family situations, Pam I appreciate your reminders, and oh Wanda I am glad to see you check in!
    Things have been very hectic here (as usual) but I am so grateful for this course and that I have been keeping my commitment to read daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the connection with each of you and hoping you continue sharing your postings.

    Allow me to share my memory verse for the week as it adds to each of our experiences:

    Romans 12:12

    Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, Thank you for this Bible verse. I wrote it down on my memory card and will be reading it throughout the day to remind me of the joy I have because of the hope and to continue to pray. Thank you Laura for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter and son in law are spending the week with me and currently staying in the room I have this computer. My daughter just said you shared about Rover dying to strangers. These ladies aren't strangers they are my sisters in this journey of faith.
    Wanda, you are welcome to sunny california anytime.
    Mark 8 33 I was reminded that I need eternal perspective rather than "seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from Gods".
    Psalm 43:3 Send out our light and truth let them guide me.
    Good stuff. Do I ever want to be guided by God and His light.
    I am current and read everything but not the right day for the date. There have been weeks that I read ahead and 2 weeks ago where I was 2 days behind. I am committed to reading daily the assigned reading. 7/7 this week.
    Proverbs 10:19 Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and deep your mouth shut." How many times has God whispered in my ear stop talking don't share that info and I kept rambling on. Well, this verse really spoke to me keep my mouth shut. Less is more. Well, it is late, hopefully I will make the call tomorrow. You all are in my prayers and I mean all! (that post anyway) lol

    ReplyDelete