This week...
From Passover to Exodus, God showed His people that He is their provider, He is always present (in clouds or fire, before or behind them), He prepares a way for them (where there is no way), and He is all-powerful! How does that speak to your life?
In the New Testament (Matthew), Jesus has been teaching us... What has He said to you this week?
In the Psalms (which will be the focus of our call this week), I am reminded that prayers are just words unless we put action and intention behind them.
Keep listening!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Morning! Just want to say THANK YOU! Becky.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day!
7/7 Yippee!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for the extra 6 months...what a treat.
Here are my words!!
Teach, Privilege, Peace, Confidence, Authentic, commit, willing.
What god has spoken to me is that I have looked to others for my self worth/confidence instead of who I am as a child of God. Also, the words are a bit like doors...god gives me each day the opportunity to be willing or commit, or authentic...but it is words like this that are the choice of effective faith. and that is what really has come to me over these weeks. I don't just want faith...I already have/had that. I want effective faith.
God spoke to me in the arena of temptation this week. I often stand in the middle of temptation with the belief that I am a christian, I can do this...but, I see that I often need to say no and run. God doesn't expect me to stand in the middle of temptation...it is often removing myself that is the exit he supplies...but I have to remove myslef. I have often worked at removing the temptation instead...ineffective.
God also convicted that despite the real circumstance of my life, he is doing a NEW thing and I need to look at that and lead a tamborine dance like Miriam...I think I will go buy a tamborine:>)
Week 5: 7 of 7 and 35 of 35
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky for sharing the gift of more time to study the word with you. You are very generous!
Within the contect of my reading and study this week, it seems to me that God is saying "I have you covered Pam! I am daily leading you with pillars of clouds and nightly showering you with pillars of fire and light (Exodus 13). Therefore, you need to follow my lead and serve others (Matthew 20).
Out of the office early this week for a professional convention I came to realize that my shortcomings as an educator are only perceived by myself. Working with others there are so many things I am able to positively share with my colleagues.
Read It! Love It! Live It! is helping me immensely. And, though most are not aware that I am not much of a blogger, I have regularly posted this new year. Your encouragement is very helpful.
Where are we at?
ReplyDelete35 for 35! :-).
7/7 and 35/35!
ReplyDeleteBecky, I love your online journal. I have used your prayer journals for years and enjoy going back and seeing what God said to me in the year before. I was curious if the verses you mentioned in the call had spoken to me. In the Psalm 26 I did pray to "stand on solid ground and publicly praise the LORD." I remember praying that and thinking do I publicly praise the LORD in my work place, at home, in the grocery store? What an awesome challenge. It is so easy for me to just praise God at church. Then when I heard you mention the Matthew reading on February 2nd. I knew that God had spoken that verse to me also. The scripture carries the power of God. I am so comforted when out of nowhere I remember a verse I have memorized or been working on memorizing; or a song that has scripture in it comes to my heart and I start singing it, not even realizing I am or that I knew the words that well.
God gave me the reading from Exodus 13:17-15:18 that really spoke to my heart and that was on the 1st. I wrote in my journal that God knows what we need and provides it without us asking. He parted the Red Sea. He may not be parting seas but he is working in the hearts and lives of people in our world today and changing them. Amen?
The Israelites were ready to return back to Egypt after watching God's mighty power. They had no faith or trust. I know that I am like that also. I rely on my own understanding without trusting God to do some powerful works. God changed my heart which I am sure most people who knew me would find in itself a miracle, so why aren't I trusting God to perform that same miracle in the lives of my unbelieving family or family who has walked away from God. When my days get dark and impossible for me,I pray God will remind me of this verse that He is there and knows exactly what I need before I ask. God will put his angel with me and protect me and provide for me. I am working on allowing God to be God and know that he is in control and knows best! This is difficult for me because I am like the Israelites and can only see it from my perspective.
God's blessings on your week!
Good Night
Hi All: I've really been focusing this week on the people....how they constantly say they will obey God and then grumble and complain.
ReplyDeleteRemembering Keith Green's song (So You want to go back to Egypt?).
Also amazed at what a relationship Moses had with God.
I'm keeping a list of questions, words and phrases for further study and investigating.
The Matt. verses remind me that He is coming back again, and until then we have a job to do.
My study notes from another class asked us "what are you afraid of losing if you serve God single-mindedly and without reservation?"
"What beloved people or causes will you commit to Him and trust that by doing so you are serving them better?"
Our focus as we see the days growing darker, really needs to be on Him.
That is why I appreciate this new course so much Becky, and thank you for the gift of extra months to continue on.