In reviewing I Samuel 2:22-4:22, I had a new thought while reading the story.
Samuel's first test from the Lord was not simply in recognizing God's voice calling to Him, BUT if he was brave enough to tell Eli what God asked him to say.
This was the beginning of a long legacy for this prophet.
More on the call...
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just listened to the call. I loved how Becky prayed for God to go before all of us as he knows the demands on our life's. So true, as one of my friends said struggle well knowing that God is ultimately in control. Great call. "Do we believe and how do we see it playing out in our life?" Laura, that was profound what you said about faith being apart of your calling from God. As you grow you are also exercising your calling. So thought provoking.
ReplyDeleteI too, am struck at what I am picking up from God, that for what ever reason, I didn't see last time I read this section. Today I related the story of how Samuel was directed to the next King. I used this passage to talk to someone about hearing God's direction and training ourselves to listen to his voice. Then as Becky said, "Obey". God will direct our steps. Yeah!!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms and Grandma's and Mentor Mom's.
ReplyDelete7/7.
Laura.
What an awesome phone call and your thoughts ladies are wonderful. I had to look back through all my daily bibles to see if I had caught that Phillip was being tested and I had not. Our faith is our calling and I hadn't really thought about it that way. With the difficult situation at work, I am hearing God speak to me to trust and obey in all of my Bible reading. I was reading the feeding of the 5000 in another Bible study and the left over baskets really made an impact. God's blessings are in abundance of what we think. I put God in a box too often. I am loving getting into God's word and using my journal again. I am more focused and hear God's direction. Have a blessed week.
ReplyDelete