Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Road to Emmaeus

The Burning Heart Fellowship/Contract has a connection with the passages that detail the followers of Jesus who met the "risen" Lord while on the road to Emmaeus.  After He had explained the scriptures to them they said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the scriptures to us?" (Luke 24:32-34)

Do you have a burning heart when you read the scriptures?

Note: On the call, I'll be reading a quote from Theophan the Recluse from my book, Let Prayer Change Your Life.

Be encouraged,

Becky

9 comments:

  1. Missed the call.
    Needing prayers.
    Had to call paramedics this morning for what may be an overactive thyroid incident.
    I'm waiting for dr. to let me know what to do.
    They didnt see anything urgent, but I cant get my heart to settle down and I still need someone to get me to the lab for a blood test.
    Please pray the dr. calls soon and that I can get that lab work done.
    I really am not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gracious Lord, Thank you that you hear our prayers and you respond quickly to our needs. Praise you Father for you are gracious, Holy, and just. I ask that you be with Laura to heal her body and get the medical help she needs. I knew something just wasn't right when she didn't make the call today. Thank you Lord for your presence in our very time of need. Lord we ask that you get to the root of the problem and get the lab work and anything else that Laura needs. Restore her thyroid and any other complications that might arise from this episode. Thank you for bending down to hear our humble prayer. Give Laura rest and restore her health. Give her your peace. Amen

      Delete
  2. Thanks ever so much Robbie.
    I did get the doctor, who feels I may be on too much thyroid medicine. They killed it off about 7 years ago when I was diagnosed with Graves disease.
    He thinks this is the problem. He wants to start there.
    I'm going to try to make the lab (which is nearby) tomorrow as husband is working and my Mom isnt feeling well.
    I so very much missed my group calls today and thanks for your reply.
    Doing better tonight, but have an overactive brain that worries about it happening again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie, thanks for volunteering, Becky if you need two weeks off I can do week 2 or what works for Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whopps, if Robbie is gone we probably cannot have a recording?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Robbie cannot make it on the day Becky needs off, I will write a devotional for the blog if you like!
    I've been doing more writing.
    Took on another content writing job and am going to have my own blog (at the mercy of their key words) on a health web site. Also joining a Christian writers groups in the near future. So, I need practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, I will be praying for your tests an peace. Robbie and Laura thanks for volunteering. The time is so different from my time in Alaska I just never get to the calls during there time. I am usually in a meeting an would much rather be on the call! This verse has always been one of my favorite because I like putting myself there on the road and walking with Jesus and not even knowing it until later. Wouldn't that be an awesome experience? I know I would have the same reaction, "Wasn't my heart burning?" Have a safe and glorious weekend. God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine, thank you so much.
    wonderful to read your posts even if you cannot make the call.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    7/7
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Really liked the quote (Theophan). Recorded it in my notebook so I would remember it.

    ReplyDelete