II Corinthians is one of my favorite books in the Bible, especially because it contains the first verse I ever heard as a brand new Christian (5:17-20).
But this week, I am struck by the reminder that we all need:
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
We have the living, loving God within us! We have all we need. Amen.
Be encouraged,
Becky
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How we need to be reminded of those words now and then!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Becky!
testing
ReplyDeleteI decided to push through the testing comment first before I loose another thoughtful post. Here we go:
ReplyDelete2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us (Paul and his co-workers) this new way we NEVER GIVE UP.
When things in my life circumstances seem insolvable this is the passage to go to. It is all about souls for Christ; "we preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus' sake. 4:5
Job 36:26 " Look, God is greater than we can understand."
I need to be reminded of these facts to live a life that is pleasing to God. This gives me peace in the midst of life's storms.
I have confidence that God is going to make his light shine in the darkness. My brother was screaming at me today when I said in a calm voice I hope that one day you will realize that I am for you not against you.
I have taken up praying for him more diligently. These scriptures give us hope and insight (the great power we need to solve these problems are from God not ourselves. Amen
I don't know why there are so many posting issues with this blog, but in one of my online college courses, there was a similar issue. The professor reminded us regularly to first write our post in a word doc, then cut and paste into the blog/cell. If it got lost in space, it was still recorded in the word doc and could be easily cut and pasted again. That also allowed me to keep a record of all my posts/comments in a class. OR just type the comment in the blog cell BUT before "posting" with the button, just highlight your post and "copy" in case it goes into never-never land--you'll be able to paste over and over again until it sticks. Hope these ideas alleviate frustration. B
ReplyDeleteYep, I do that everywhere.
ReplyDeleteIf I have written something I really want to save, I do copy it just in case it goes poof poof bye bye.
Becky, thanks for the suggestions they are very helpful.
ReplyDeleteGod is all we need. AMEN
ReplyDeleteAway from the computer for a few days, I will post when I get back.
Wow! Your call stopped me in my tracks this morning. I get so wrapped up in my little world full of frustrations and disappointments that I realize now I lose sight of what God has planned for me.
ReplyDeleteMy entire quiet time this morning has been about giving back to God the blessings he has given to me. It started with Oswald Chambers: “if you have become bitter and sour, it is because when God gave you a blessing you clutched it for yourself; whereas if you had poured it out unto the Lord, you would have been the sweetest person out of heaven. If you are always taking blessings to yourself and never learn to pour out anything unto the Lord, other people do not get their horizon enlarged through you.” This spoke to me in regards to my children. Have I given them back to the Lord and allowed him to shape them into who he has planned for them to be or am I trying to be the potter in their lives?
Thank you again Becky for this group and all you ladies and your insights and encouragement. God has blessed me through his Word and your insights.
7/7 this week. Blessings on everyone.
Lorraine, I read the same thing last night. Been reading Chambers the last few days and usually I dont read it every day. It's been really amazing this week!
ReplyDelete7/7 once again.
Have a safe holiday all.